Tired of the same old eggs or cereal for breakfast? Change it up with this healthy, veggie-loaded option!
1 large bell pepper
4 strips turkey bacon, cut into 1/2 " sticks
1/4 teaspoon of garlic
2 Tbsp diced tomato
1/2 cup of chopped spinach
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/8 tsp salt
2 egg whites
1 Tbsp of milk or alternative milk (almond/soy/cashew)
1/2 cup low-fat cheddar cheese
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
2. Cut pepper in half lengthwise, removing seeds.
3. Spray a baking sheet with non-stick spray and place the peppers skin-side up on the baking sheet. Roast peppers for about 9 minutes, then remove and place open side up.
4. While roasting peppers, Cook the bacon over medium heat until crispy and remove to a paper towel to drain.
5. To the same pan, add the garlic, tomato, and spinach, cooking until the spinach is slightly wilted. Remove from pan and set aside.
6. In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, egg whites, and milk. Then add most of the cooked bacon (leave some for topping), vegetables, and 1/4 cup of the cheese. Stir to mix.
7. Pour the egg mixture into the peppers. Bake for 20-25 minutes until eggs are set.
8. Top with remaining cheese and bacon and serve!